A free monthly mini-magazine where I answer your burning decor questions, dish on what’s hot (and what’s not!) feature new paint and color palettes and offer simple decorating tips. Want in? Fill out the form below and get all the latest design news right in your inbox. Watch for it the first Wednesday of each month!
If you’ve already booked an appointment for a design consultation, there are several things you can do ahead of time to plan for your appointment. A little preparation can go a long way when it comes to making the most of our time together and having all of your questions answered. You don’t want to waste time discussing one room when your priority project is actually another. Keeping these points in mind will help us accomplish more during our meeting.
- We’ll first talk briefly on the phone about what room or rooms you have problems with and what you’d like to accomplish.
- Before our first appointment, you can create a Pinterest board and/or clip magazine pictures that appeal to you. I’ll bring books, fabric swatches and paint samples for you to view as well.
- Prioritize your rooms and dilemmas and narrow your focus to 1-3 spaces. This will allow us to “dig deep” and have a productive session. I’m happy to discuss more rooms as time permits.
- Think about the mood and the feeling you’d like the space to evoke. Relaxed? Sophisticated? Soothing? Welcoming? Energetic and fun?
- Think about function as well as decor. Who uses the room? Would you like a cozy corner for reading? Do you have pets? Do your children need a convenient spot for homework? Do you entertain in the space?
- Think about what you’d like to keep and what you’d like to replace. Do you want to repaint? Update your drapery? Keep the artwork but replace the sofa?
- Write down your questions and discussion topics so that you don’t forget any important points.
- I’ll take detailed notes throughout the consultation and by the end of our meeting, you’ll have a working plan for moving forward with your projects!
- We can continue to collaborate or you can keep the notes and work on your own.
- If you’d like to move forward with me, we’ll arrange the next meeting and begin to put plans in place.
If you’re unsure about some of these answers, don’t worry. Together we’ll figure out what your space needs and how to get there. I look forward to working with you!
Step 1 Design consultation
Step 2 Signing of contract and receipt of retainer
Step 3 On-site photos, measurements and needed estimates
Step 4 Execution of floor plans and sourcing of fabrics and furnishings
Step 5 Design presentation, estimate and deposit
Step 6 Placement of orders
Step 7 Final budget review
Step 8 Initiation of any needed renovations, wallpapering, painting, repairs, etc
Step 9 Orders are received/delivered
Step 10 Accessories presentation and budget approval
Step 11 Client reveal!
Step 12 Any necessary corrections are resolved
Step 13 Payment of accessories and any remaining budget items
Step 14 Presentation of client folder